But I didn’t see one kangaroo?!

Today I’m leaving Canberra.

I’m a little sad to be leaving as I’ve totallg fallen in love with the city, but I feel I have seen most of it now so time to move on. I’m sad leaving El too - it’s been great seeing her and I’m looking forward to her next visit to the UK!
A little apprehensive about the next few weeks. Since I’ve been here I’ve had a safety net - Joy and Frank, El, Intro Travel - now I’m by myself. I’ve organised everything so it should all go to plan and I’m sure I’ll be okay once I get into it!!
So the last couple of days have been really chilled. I spent about 4 hours yesterday organising the next 4 weeks so it was good to get time and a computer to do that with.
There are TONNES of Crossfit boxes in Canberra. I was spoilt for choice. However, the downside to Canberra is that you need a car to get anywhere. It’s very spread out and unfortunately, I just couldn’t get to the boxes. My shoulder has been particularly painful the last couple of days too and I have no idea why so it’s probably been a good shout to rest it too. I’m thinking it’s less likely I’ll get to train until I get to Byron Bay either so that rubs even more salt into the wounds!
Kangaroos are an absolute problem in ACT. They have to do annual culls every year to keep on top of the problem. I think I read somewhere there is on average 30,000 kangaroos before each cull. Have I seen one? Nope. Have they culled them recently? Nope. Feeling particularly unlucky that I haven’t seen one!! We’ve been in the right places are the right times but nothing. The only person to visit Canberra and not see a damn kangaroo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I’m thankful for....

Whistle stop tour of Canberra