Spot X (Woolgoolga) - Mojo Surf Camp!

I’ve been quiet for the last few days as I have been at Spot X - a surf camp based on Arrawarra beach, run by Mojo surf school.

I had an absolute BLAST. I had 5 days of sun, surf, and good mates. I went from a complete beginner to being able to stand up, speed up, slow down and turn. I also have the knowledge on how to catch the massive green waves but didn’t get any practice at this as the conditions were very rough after a storm. But, saying that, I did catch one greenwave. And it was the best feeling in the world. In the evenings we would chill out watching a film or sat  around the campfire, with a drink and some good food. The atmosphere was so chilled out. The instructors were approachable and very knowledgable. Wildlife everywhere! Naughty kookaburras who would steal your food straight out of your hands, reptiles who would just appear under your feet, alongside the usual spiders and snakes. I would honestly recommend for people to give Spot X a go. It’s something I don’t regret and would go back (and hoping to go back) in a heart beat.

I then got on the bus and headed down to Coff’s Harbour. A little seaside town which is often overlooked by backpackers. I’m not sure why because it is beautiful here. Yesterday, a group of us had breakfast overlooking the creek (beautiful), followed by a kayak down the creek to the sea, and back again. We then headed out for a walk around the Botanic Gardens which were stunning, although I got bitten to death by mosquitoes! Very thought out paths and you can spend as little or as much time there you want. A walk into the CBD, back to the hostel via coles then a walk back to Muttonbird Island. Famous spot for whale watching which we’re about 2 weeks late for (dammit!) but it was an awesome view from the top anyway. Birds nest in burrows in the ground where the chicks grow up and then fledge from them :)
Today, I’ve headed to the Skywalk - the tallest lookout over Coff’s. The view was stunning: could see for miles! Then we went to Orara Forest which was a mini rainforest. Learnt about some trees, swung from a vine, drank out of a fresh water spring - all very cool stuff! Then we went to the famous Big Banana. Australia has this weird obsession with oversized fruit statues and it turns out that they are representing what is the main produce in the region! So Coff’s = bananas! I then had this frozen banana covered in chocolate as a mini treat - soooo tasty!
This afternoon I’ve chilled on the beach and now back at the hostel. Nice sunny hot day, very happy Sian :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I’m thankful for....

But I didn’t see one kangaroo?!

Whistle stop tour of Canberra