I’ve been here a week!!

Oops, I’ve been so busy with all the fun stuff I haven’t had chance to write and tell you all what I’ve been up to! 
So Wednesday we all met up at the Oz Intro office for a talk on the travel opportunities in Australia, especially along the east coast. We then went to a boat and had a cruise around Sydney Harbour. We stopped and jumped into the sea (so cold!) and had a BBQ on the boat. It was so nice and so warm, and the scenery was beautiful - made me feel very lucky to be here.
Thursday we headed to Bondi again. But this time, we done the first half of the coastal walk from Bondi-Coogee. We were even lucky enough to watch a humpback whale and it’s baby breach and jump out of the water. Now minding they’re now at the end of the whale season, we were incredible lucky to see them. It was fantastic! The walk was so beautiful too and this ended up with another BBQ, my first experience of kangaroo meat (yum!) and a game of rounders on the beach. 
Friday, we had an early start. We checked out of our room and headed up to port Dtephens, which was about a 3 hour drive north of Sydney. First stop was our first surf lesson. This was great! Two hours in the water was enough to prove I was not a natural!! I stood up once with help from the instructors but I had a great time! They offer 5/10 day surf camps at a place called Spot X which I’m seriously tempted to do.... I don’t like things defeating me and this definitely isn’t one! After some lunch (chicken salt on chips - yum!!), we headed to a spot with some incredibly friendly wild kangaroos. We were able to feed them and take loads of photos. There was loads of babies too which were super cute! After that, we went beer and wine tasting and I brought some beautiful Australian white wine which I drank whilst watching the sunset over some aboriginal sanddunes and beach. We then headed to the most nicest hostel ever - Melaleuca Backpackers - in the middle of a woods, in wooden shacks. The silence was amazing. The lady who owned it also does a lot of wildlife rehab, and has a 9 month old kangaroo which she has hand raised. A lot of the animals there were ones which she had rehabbed. It was great! 
So today, we’ve had another busy day. We went back to the sand dunes (Anna Bay) and sandboarded down the dunes. We could hit 40km/hr on these boards! It was like sledging but in the sun and sand!
We then headed down to the beach. It has a massive population of Great White Shark juveniles, which hang around until they’re about 5ish before moving on. They have never had a shark attack because of the massive fish population they have. We then went into Port Stephens and jumped on a boat to go dolphin watching. And we saw some! They have a massive population of dolphin in the little inlet of sea, so it was cool to see some bottlenose dolphins doing their thing! We then went for a hike up Tomaree Mountain and got some stunning views of the area.
See, told you I’ve been busy! Xxx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I’m thankful for....

But I didn’t see one kangaroo?!

Whistle stop tour of Canberra